Steamhawke

Hello Guest

Login with username, password and session.

Author Topic: Cultural choc and other things  

Topic Original "No modification"
Hi there!

I wan't to find someone who wan't to play something a little bit different than usually expected.

I search someone (one or more in fact) with wich one(s) I could play some clash about cultural matters. Clash that could evolve to a relation based on mutual respect (may be frienship, may be hate, may be competitive relation, but still mutual respect) but constant opposition about how to do one thing's or another.

Some idea about what can be the first opposition :

-Sahka came from poor and savage (and coastal) land, so wasting ressource (like shoot on empty bottle, poor tools maintenance,...), disrespect with bird (for that, I just had a good plot idea that i will post on tchat!) and other stuff like that can be good.
- Some comon sense of justice can be different too (but i didnt know how and what).
- May be religion matters

-I didn't know if someone here play a tainted people. For some reason (read backstory) Sahka wary them. And may be he can clash one. But in that case, he will be more aggressive, and less respectfull.

Quidman

• Landlubber
Information topic
  • Date: 29/01/13
  • Time: 10:42 PM
  • Number of visits: 1611
  • Number of Replies: 3
  • Topic Approved: Yes
  • Topic Sticky: No
  • Topic Locked: No
  • Poll: No

Re: Cultural choc and other things

« Reply #1 » Published on:January 30, 2013, 06:56:26 PM

Elena

• Sailor
  • a seadog looking for crewmates
    • View Profile
    • Before the Mast
Yes, I might try with Chago too. Let's see what they would understand and learn from the culture clash. I see both similarities and differences.

He doesn't care about birds, if not birds to be hunted and eaten. He had hunted his share.

He has an original sense of justice

Religion too... but they have as common point coming from not too rich families (even if Chago wasn't as poor.)

« Reply #2 » Published on:January 30, 2013, 09:49:39 PM

Quidman

• Landlubber
    • View Profile
Concerning migrating birds, it's more that you can't chase them while they come. Because, in his mind, they do a long travel, chasing them from the steam hawk before they regain some strengh, is like condamn a entire colony to death.
It can be develop on a post :)

But no problem about hunting on coast. Just not on sky.

« Reply #3 » Published on:January 31, 2013, 09:10:45 AM

Elena

• Sailor
  • a seadog looking for crewmates
    • View Profile
    • Before the Mast
He had hunted on land, not on sky ;)