Steamhawke

Hello Guest

Login with username, password and session.

Poll

What's your favourite meal of the day

Breakfast
0 (0%)
Lunch (or dinner if you're up north UK)
0 (0%)
Dinner (or 'tea' if you're up north UK)
1 (100%)
All the food!
0 (0%)
Snacks.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Breakfast, lunch or dinner?  

Topic Original "No modification"
As it is lunch time and I am sitting at my desk to eat my breadrolls with cheese, I wonder what lunch for you is like...

I really like lunch. I like how it can be a hot or a cold meal, it 'breaks the day in half' and it is a great meal to splash out on and make it special. Cheese rolls notwithstanding.

Breakfast is my least favourite meal. It's too early to eat, I'd rather spend it sleeping. But if I can make it brunch, I am happy.

Actually, I also find dinner boring, the evening meal. You have to come up with something to eat, it involves cooking at the end of the day which inevitably leads to cleaning pans.

Then there is the naming of the meal! 'Tea' up north in the UK is the evening meal, and not, as some assume, the 'high tea' variant with cakes and tiny sandwiches. They also call lunch dinner, which can lead to some confusion...

And do you have your warm meal of the day around noon or in the evening?

All good questions!

Daenelia

• Captain of the Steamhawke
  • Administrator
Information topic
  • Date: 19/05/14
  • Time: 12:21 PM
  • Number of visits: 1454
  • Number of Replies: 2
  • Topic Approved: Yes
  • Topic Sticky: No
  • Topic Locked: No
  • Poll: Yes

Re: Breakfast, lunch or dinner?

« Reply #1 » Published on:May 25, 2014, 10:07:40 PM

Kou

• Landlubber
  • Meep meeeep.
    • View Profile
I don't know why but this thread made me giggle. I don't think anyone has ever asked me that question :D

I generally don't like eating. It makes me feel a bit bad (physically) and I don't enjoy eating anything I wouldn't eat even if I weren't hungry at all. I'm not picky at all though, I think there is one food that I don't touch and that's canned peasoup....

Anyway, I do like good food, a lot. Like you, I feel that the breakfast is always too early. I don't like eating anything in the morning.

I used to eat every day at 13.00 but my schedules have changed and nowadays I eat dinner at 15.00 or so. I don't eat lunch obviously as it's not the done thing in Finland. I guess you could call the school lunch...lunch, though, since it's usually at 11 o'clock.

My favourite is the "Tea". I usually make myself a nice bread with feta cheese or smoked cheese on it but if I'm hungry I'll make soup or chicken. And drink tea or mate a bit afterwards :D

Re: Breakfast, lunch or dinner?

« Reply #2 » Published on:June 16, 2014, 07:20:41 PM

Tals

• Sailor
    • View Profile
    • dA
Now see, I love food, I love eating, and I have this bad habit of eating when I'm bored. I am eating now, in fact.  ;D Unfortunately, I have IBS and a tad bit of gluten sensitivity, so eating has recently become a bit of an adventure.

Although I too wasn't much of a breakfast eater until recently. Even now, I don't like anything too heavy. I love most breakfast food, but yeah, brunch is awesome Dinner (or supper) is probably my favorite though. I like the social aspect of it. Normally lunch would have been, but for the fact that when I'm at work mine occurs at the weirdest hour (4:00 pm!)
av made for me by Fiona Marchbank