Steamhawke

Hello Guest

Login with username, password and session.

Poll

When would be a good weekend for you to help with the Wiki Push?

Fri 27, Sat 28, Sun 29 December 2013
2 (66.7%)
Fri 17, Sat 18, Sun 19 January 2014
1 (33.3%)
Fri 7, Sat 8, Sun 9 February 2014
0 (0%)
Other, specify
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Steamhawke Wiki Weekend  

Topic Original "No modification"
Let's Push the Steamhawke Wiki!

You know how I have been yelling 'I gotta update the wiki!'? Well, I thought, what if we make a weekend out of it? We can try to co-ordinate a little, and just add lots of stuff and pages.

Obviously I will be working on adding to the wiki when I can regardless if we pick a weekend. It just seemed like a fun idea, and might also help people who are a bit unsure of wiki-editing to participate, if we're all on this together.

What needs to be added?
This is a list of pages that are linked to in the wiki, but haven't actually been created yet. This is always a good starting point. The more links, the more the page is needed. It can be a short page, with just the reference to the post it has been mentioned in.

What needs to be expanded?
This list shows short pages that you might want to add to. You can use the Search option on the main site to find out in what posts it was mentioned.

Lore or Canon.
Include canon or established facts, and in rare cases you can add implied facts. The wiki is supposed to contain all facts established in the story. The story is always leading. But you can add things that make sense to include, based on the facts as we know them.

Stuff you make up may be overwritten by events that establish facts in the story! Your contributions may be edited, and you can edit other people's contributions too.

So. Any takers?

Daenelia

• Captain of the Steamhawke
  • Administrator
Information topic
  • Date: 17/12/13
  • Time: 10:53 AM
  • Number of visits: 1522
  • Number of Replies: 3
  • Topic Approved: Yes
  • Topic Sticky: No
  • Topic Locked: No
  • Poll: Yes

Re: Steamhawke Wiki Weekend

« Reply #1 » Published on:December 17, 2013, 08:57:43 PM

Tals

• Sailor
    • View Profile
    • dA
Sounds fun!

I voted for December, though I have all of those weekends open at the moment. It'll likely only be Saturday, though, as that's usually the only day of the weekend that I'm at a desktop.
av made for me by Fiona Marchbank

« Reply #2 » Published on:December 18, 2013, 10:57:40 AM

Vertigo

• Snot rag
  • Confused and Weary Technology Scout
    • View Profile

I have a project that I've been putting off. In fact, I'm probably only going to be able to do half of what I promised. It's due mid January on a Wednesday. So I could probably do the January one. February is free too.

I have quite a chunk to add there. I mean in addition to Melisande, I have Lesba, Viteliu, and Orsola to write up. I also a boat load of characters to add, as well as weaponry, devices, and details to stuff. Basically, I need to go through all of my stuff with a fine tooth comb. That's all going to take time that I really don't have at the moment.

« Reply #3 » Published on:December 18, 2013, 11:51:45 AM

Daenelia

• Captain of the Steamhawke
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daenelia.com
That is why it is a good thing we can all edit the wiki :) We can go through your posts and add what you wrote to the wiki! You do not need to do it all alone. In fact, I would prefer if if no one thought they alone were responsible for adding their nifty ideas to the wiki.

Stuff is only really canon if it featured in a post anyway.

For non-canon stuff, it's nice background stuff, but in case of earth-shattering background stuff, contact us first anyway.

My avatar was drawn by Pyrochan, as commissioned by me