Steamhawke

Hello Guest

Login with username, password and session.

Author Topic: The new house  

Topic Original "No modification"
We have the keys and we are busy remodeling. Fortunately, we have professionals to install the bathroom.

When we looked at the house we kne we had to do the bathroom before moving in. I thought the kitchen was in okay condition. But on closer inspection, i am afraid to use the gas cooker... I can cook on gas, no problem. But this cooker has so much grease, i fear it will burst into flames as soon as i light a match near it.

Hope to share some pics tonight, or this weekend!

Daenelia

• Captain of the Steamhawke
  • Administrator
Information topic
  • Date: 20/09/13
  • Time: 06:41 AM
  • Number of visits: 3943
  • Number of Replies: 13
  • Topic Approved: Yes
  • Topic Sticky: No
  • Topic Locked: No
  • Poll: No

Re: The new house

« Reply #1 » Published on:September 20, 2013, 06:41:34 PM

Vertigo

• Snot rag
  • Confused and Weary Technology Scout
    • View Profile

I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures. Enjoy the new house! How did you celebrate the wedding/civil commitment?

« Reply #2 » Published on:September 23, 2013, 08:14:54 PM

Daenelia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daenelia.com
PICTURES!!!

Kitchen. Ugly tiles. Cupboards held together with glue. Drawers that can open but never close.

Yes, the garden is that much of a mess....

We went out for dinner, but that was more to thank family for helping out with the house and the shopping. We didnt really celebrate the registration thing, seemed a bit redundant. I never wanted a wedding day anyway.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 08:16:45 PM by Daenelia »
My avatar was drawn by Pyrochan, as commissioned by me

« Reply #3 » Published on:September 23, 2013, 08:35:46 PM

Elena

• Sailor
  • a seadog looking for crewmates
    • View Profile
    • Before the Mast
I like your garden! As for the tiles and cupboards... when you'll have enough money, you'll change the tiles and cupboards. We did it one at a time too.

« Reply #4 » Published on:October 07, 2013, 09:43:47 AM

Daenelia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daenelia.com
So far, we're behind schedule. Oh joy.

The bathroom is done, I think. They are supposed to finish that up today. It looks nice :) Well, as nice as I could see, without the toilet or the shower installed yet.

The carpets have been removed and lemme tell you: 30 year old carpet glue turns to dust sometimes. I inhaled half the floor.

We're now going to have to paint the ceilings in the evenings to get them done before the new flooring is put down.

It's so funny that I know we're at the lowest point right now, and things will only get better after this. But it still sucks and it still makes my muscles ache :P

« Reply #5 » Published on:October 14, 2013, 11:43:44 AM

Daenelia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daenelia.com
Back on schedule!

Currently packing my books, our books. Well, most of them are mine. It takes me an hour to pack half a book case, I figured out! This is what happens when you double load the shelves of your Billy Bookcases... I keep finding books behind books.

And yes, I know if I am missing one!

...I have two boxes of Penguin books. At least, the ones I found so far :) Yes. I pack by publisher when it suits me!

« Reply #6 » Published on:October 15, 2013, 01:32:19 PM

Daenelia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daenelia.com
Now that we are at the cleaning up stage I certainly feel calmer and more confident about the upcoming move. We've done it before. Well, I have done it a few times anyway, with furniture and all.

Last time we moved we had our pet mice. We transported them by metro, in little boxes with air holes. That isn't an option for moving the cats though :P They are too heavy and they both freak out on public transport. Except that our girl cat likes to travel by train...

Anyway, so we move them ahead of the boxes and furniture, so they can acclimatise safely in the locked bathroom while we move stuff in. I am really looking forward to getting the cats there.

« Reply #7 » Published on:October 24, 2013, 11:37:47 PM

Brem

• Snot rag
    • View Profile
How are things now? How are you both holding up? Has Five gotten lost yet?

« Reply #8 » Published on:October 25, 2013, 01:00:42 AM

Vertigo

• Snot rag
  • Confused and Weary Technology Scout
    • View Profile

Well Brem, Five has been rather silent lately. Maybe we should start handing out fliers.

Seriously though, I've been curious myself. It sounds like things are almost done and I'd love to know how you got the cats home. Once you get fully situated, it would be great to see photos of the things you both did. It sounds like you left no stone unturned!

« Reply #9 » Published on:October 27, 2013, 05:46:43 AM

Daenelia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daenelia.com
quick update!

We moved in, cats are settling in, we have too many books and dvds, the new bed is awesome, Five got injured,minor, when he took the old bed apart (thanks, gravity). He can still type. But his pc has not been hooked up properly. We need to look inside for loose wires, as it is making a weird fan sound wgen turned on. My pc had a disconnected power supply, even though i begged the movers to ve extra carefull.

Our girl cat was so curious when she first got here, and then freaked out when the noisy movers ran up and down the stairs. She has calmed down now, but has been hitting the boy cat an awful lot in frustration. Boy cat loves the new house and is not upset, not even when he keeps getting hit for no reason.

... too many dvds, if it takes 2 evenings to sort them. And you're debating whether to separate animated films or not, and whether you need to have a separate shelf for documentaries... I havent really started on the books yet.

I slso forgot daylight savingstime ends this weekend, so i am posting this ridiculously early.

« Reply #10 » Published on:October 30, 2013, 08:19:45 PM

Daenelia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daenelia.com
More pics!

The top image is of our new bed. Yes, it is huge.

The left image is our boy cat lounging on the boxes at our old place. The middle is a work-in-progress picture of the removal of the old fireplace. The last picture is our tww cats hanging out on the new bed, surrounded by unpacked stuff.

Will take more pics once we're really unpacked and settled in.

« Reply #11 » Published on:October 30, 2013, 10:45:13 PM

Tals

• Sailor
    • View Profile
    • dA
That bed. That floor in your bedroom. Your cats. <3
av made for me by Fiona Marchbank

« Reply #12 » Published on:October 31, 2013, 05:15:18 PM

Five

• Maker of Tea, Eater of Cakes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The bed is the most Steampunk thing we have.  It's the first step towards turning the bedroom into the Captain's Quarters.

« Reply #13 » Published on:February 17, 2014, 10:39:26 AM

Daenelia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daenelia.com
So we finally have curtains and we have ordered the new chairs for the living room.

No, we're not done yet. Next up, new windows in the bedroom, and getting a professional in to do the electrics.