Steamhawke

Hello Guest

Login with username, password and session.

Author Topic: Chapter 9: name wanted  

Topic Original "No modification"
Anyone have a good name for chapter 9? Throw some suggestions in this topic and we will pick one!

Daenelia

• Captain of the Steamhawke
  • Administrator
Information topic
  • Date: 11/09/13
  • Time: 08:07 PM
  • Number of visits: 2285
  • Number of Replies: 5
  • Topic Approved: Yes
  • Topic Sticky: No
  • Topic Locked: Yes
  • Poll: No

Re: Chapter 9: name wanted

« Reply #1 » Published on:September 23, 2013, 11:57:00 AM

Daenelia

• Captain of the Steamhawke
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daenelia.com
Seeing as we have a major plot coming up with murder accusations thrown about, how about 'Murder, most horrid'?
My avatar was drawn by Pyrochan, as commissioned by me

« Reply #2 » Published on:September 23, 2013, 04:39:57 PM

Elena

• Sailor
  • a seadog looking for crewmates
    • View Profile
    • Before the Mast
It makes sense ;) Better than a popular title now.

« Reply #3 » Published on:September 23, 2013, 07:09:53 PM

Vertigo

• Snot rag
  • Confused and Weary Technology Scout
    • View Profile
Personally, since I'm weird and cryptic I like 'Darkness Is Death' or 'Death Unto Darkness,' because I imagined Kanesville as being heavily industrial with coal factories, there is always a dark cloud over everything with black ash falling to the ground. You could also go 'Murder Is Darkness' or 'Murder Unto Darkness' or something like that.

In Victorian times polluting factories were seen as progress and a good thing, so I'd also imagine the occasional propaganda sign with smiling works over looking a happy city full of factories in the background with black smoke coming out there stacks, "Workers For Progress! Brought to you by the Lux Dextrocite Processing Company - partners in your community!"

Maybe because Chago is Catholic, 'Sin Unto Death?' It comes from the bible and just popped up right now when I was looking for names for this chapter (I'm not Christian so I find references and quotes to the bible in the strangest places or times). There's more information on the meaning of sin unto death here:
http://www.christadelphian-advocate.org/features/qbox/qbox30.html

Certainly Chago has committed many murders both in the military and as a mercenary. He also may have screwed up once or twice as a mercenary and killed an innocent. The mercenaries going after Chago have a personal vendetta so the term relates to them as well.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:16:56 PM by Vertigo »

« Reply #4 » Published on:September 23, 2013, 08:37:15 PM

Elena

• Sailor
  • a seadog looking for crewmates
    • View Profile
    • Before the Mast
I prefer the play with the Darkness/ Dark, since Chago's mercenary name is El Moreno, the Dark one. (Yes, it might be possible to him to have killed an innocent... be him collateral damage. But twice in his life he had killed his employer, given that his mark, like Mei Xiu, wasn't who he was initially told, but a woman/ a child).
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 08:39:00 PM by Elena »

« Reply #5 » Published on:September 28, 2013, 08:29:43 PM

Five

• Maker of Tea, Eater of Cakes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I suspect that the plots of the next chapter will be as sprawling as Kanesville itself, and so instead of using one plot in the title, we're going to go for something that sums up the setting.

I'm tempted by Steam City even though it's a town...