Steamhawke

Hello Guest

Login with username, password and session.

Author Topic: What is your biggest issue with Nova 2?  

Topic Original "No modification"
What is the thing that bugs you the most about the nova 2 software?

• Can you find everything you look for, or are there sections you always seem to 'lose'?
  • Is posting complicated for you, for instance from your phone?
  • Is it clear who writes for what character?[/i]
    • Can you always find where to edit what, like your user profile, your preferences, your leave of absence?

Please share, and add some of your ideas and thoughts that might help us in making the site as easy to use as possible.

Daenelia

• Captain of the Steamhawke
  • Administrator
Information topic
  • Date: 11/09/13
  • Time: 03:32 PM
  • Number of visits: 3645
  • Number of Replies: 9
  • Topic Approved: Yes
  • Topic Sticky: No
  • Topic Locked: No
  • Poll: No

Re: What is your biggest issue with Nova 2?

« Reply #1 » Published on:September 13, 2013, 08:01:32 PM

Tals

• Sailor
    • View Profile
    • dA
My only beef with Nova is that posting from my phone is a pain, though I'm not sure if I should blame Nova or the phone, tbh. Normally, it wouldn't be a problem, but right now my phone is the only way I can do any writing when I'm at home.

If it's a new post or a very short one, it works okay, I can just copy and paste what I wrote from Drive and it works perfectly fine. Once the post gets longer, it won't let me pasre anymore -- something to do with having to scroll down.
av made for me by Fiona Marchbank

« Reply #2 » Published on:September 20, 2013, 06:47:40 AM

Daenelia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daenelia.com
yes, i hope there will be a good mobile version available. Someone was working on an app version, but that seems unlikely to happen soon.

iphone or android, tals? I can do some testing on different css code for the control panel. switching the cp skin choice to one of the other skins might help.
My avatar was drawn by Pyrochan, as commissioned by me

« Reply #3 » Published on:September 20, 2013, 06:54:23 PM

Elena

• Sailor
  • a seadog looking for crewmates
    • View Profile
    • Before the Mast
I tried to look at the c-box from the phone.,.. and it shows the c-box... but only for asking. I mean, I can't see in yours any other post than the one which I am allegedly asking then. On my site, I can see on the phone both c-boxes.

« Reply #4 » Published on:September 21, 2013, 08:16:35 PM

Daenelia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daenelia.com
The chatbox, Shoutmix, is not part of nova.

What phone are you using? Android? Version? I have not had trouble with the chatbox on either my ipad or my android tablert, and Five can see the whole chatbox too.

« Reply #5 » Published on:September 21, 2013, 09:37:24 PM

Elena

• Sailor
  • a seadog looking for crewmates
    • View Profile
    • Before the Mast
My phone is a Nokia, I don;t remember the version, but it is a version having computer keyboard (not standard phone keyboard, but extended keyboard, a button for each letter, computer-like arranged). It is not android, I think, it is just a phone.

What intrigues me is that I can see both "Before the Mast"'s c-boxes, with everything written in them, while here I can see only what I am typing right then.

(But I told it to you just for your information, in case others have the same problem. I don't use much my phone for internet).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 09:39:54 PM by Elena »

« Reply #6 » Published on:September 23, 2013, 10:26:13 PM

Tals

• Sailor
    • View Profile
    • dA
Android here.

An app would have been fabulous! Though, even if it does come to fruition it would be forever before we Android people get it. Alas.

Now that Elena mentioned it though, I have problems with Shoutmix too. Have been tempted to send them an email because it's supposed to work on mobile, but I am a coward. Basically, I can see what's being posted but I can't scroll down to see older messages.

« Reply #7 » Published on:October 16, 2013, 07:31:46 PM

Tals

• Sailor
    • View Profile
    • dA
Shameless double post is shameless.

I've noticed as of late that in IE, even if I get my password right, it'll redirect me to the login screen over and over again. I think it's an IE-specific problem because it never does this with my phone. I haven't tried any other browsers, as I'm stuck with IE.

Not really a big issue -- if I close and reopen the window it works just fine -- just annoying.

« Reply #8 » Published on:October 17, 2013, 11:46:40 AM

Daenelia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daenelia.com
Do you log in through the mini-login at the top of the main page? Or via the login page?

I often get misdirected when I use the mini-login. I havent had errors logging in through the actual login page.

But I will notify anodyne productions of login troubles. As soon as I have access to my own pc again.

« Reply #9 » Published on:October 17, 2013, 06:42:28 PM

Tals

• Sailor
    • View Profile
    • dA
Yep, I use the mini-login. I'll start using the login page and see how that goes.