Steamhawke

Hello Guest

Login with username, password and session.

Author Topic: Welcome! Introductions go here  

Topic Modified: 26/08/13 (05:07) PM
Leave a little introduction here

Welcome to the Steamhawke Out of Character forum. We roleplay steampunk sky pirates over at rp.fiveanddae.com. This forum is only used as a place to chat and hangout. Writers can also discuss their ideas and stories here.

You do not have to be a Steamhawke Writer to register
Anyone who likes reading the story posts can register to post and enjoy the forum. If you are thinking about joining Steamhawke as a writer member, registering at this forum is a good way to get to know the group.

Daenelia

• Captain of the Steamhawke
  • Administrator
Information topic
  • Date: 11/03/12
  • Time: 05:39 PM
  • Number of visits: 5815
  • Number of Replies: 37
  • Topic Approved: Yes
  • Topic Sticky: Yes
  • Topic Locked: No
  • Poll: No
  • Modified by: Daenelia

Re: Welcome! Introductions go here

« Reply #1 » Published on:March 13, 2012, 07:56:48 PM

Five

• Maker of Tea, Eater of Cakes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
My character is Chops McGinty, the old crusty and rusty swabbie who been attached to the Steamhawke for a long time (sometimes physically).

But half the time I roleplay an NPC or whatever character is needed to move the story along.   I also have "Jack Stallion" attached to my profile on the site, a villain that has recurred in several flashbacks and interludes.

« Reply #2 » Published on:March 14, 2012, 08:17:55 AM

Daenelia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daenelia.com
I suppose ishould write something too, while having breakfast.

I play the flawed captain Daenelia. She has a past that will catch up with her and the crew from time to time. I also write for whatever npc is needed, and try to coordinate posts an joint posts if required.

I live in Amsterdam,with Five and our two cats. I love reading, star trek, making sites, drawing and playing games. I also like films. Last film i watched was original Tron, to get ready towatch the sequel on dvd. Funny, but we have tron one on bluray.
My avatar was drawn by Pyrochan, as commissioned by me

« Reply #3 » Published on:March 17, 2012, 08:39:13 PM

Brandon

• Landlubber
  • J. Shannon Noone
    • View Profile
Ahoy hoy! Name's Brandon, currently playing the wonderfully audacious J. Shannon Noone, the scrappy war dog combat engineer with a big mouth.

I'm 20 years old, I live in Canada, but mostly I live for writing. I'm always writing something, or thinking about writing something. Fantasy is the love of my life, but if the idea strikes, I'm down for anything.

In my spare time, I go to school, play WoW, and mindlessly browse the internet. I'm really interesting!

Nice to meet you all, and can't wait to start playing with you!

« Reply #4 » Published on:March 17, 2012, 09:10:14 PM

Daenelia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daenelia.com
First official introduction of a new player, on this here our new forum ;) Welcome Brandon. Nice to have you here.

« Reply #5 » Published on:March 26, 2012, 11:51:58 AM

Elena

• Sailor
  • a seadog looking for crewmates
    • View Profile
    • Before the Mast
Hello! You said that fans may register too, and I am one of them. I have read and enjoyed some of your posts. I know Daenelia is my fan too, so we are even (yes, I am "modest"!) :P

And I admit that I haven;t realised up to now (when the registration took me back 3 times, until I got your name right, Captain!) that I had the "e" wrong in my mind... I had always said (and read) Danaelia! :P

Yes, I am Elena and I abuse emoticons. Always. Some day, when I'll have a little more free time, I'll join your game - if not permanently, at least as a featuring character for one-two chapters.

I am addicted to RPGs (or at least this is my husband's opinion). I am nearly 44, I am an economist and I work in international relations and European affairs, so I speak or write in English almost daily. I am sailing to you from the Black Sea... or rather a bit more inland, not from a port, but from Bucharest, the capital of Romania.

I've been writing stories since I learned how to write - not in English, in my mother tongue, and some are novel -length. Some of my characters in my RPGs are taken from my stories and brought to this new environment, about some others I intend to write later... 

I like old ships, with sails (not so much steampunk, though, therefore I have a classical Age of Sail site, "Before the Mast", alive for 20 months already)... but I don;t love them as much in English. (Anyway, I improved my vocabulary since August 2009 when I discovered RPGs). I like history, learning about less known cultures and civilisations, I like listening to music and watching movies... a rather normal person. I'd say!

I also like foreign languages (besides English, I am a professional interpreter for French and Spanish as well).

« Reply #6 » Published on:March 26, 2012, 05:17:42 PM

Daenelia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daenelia.com
:D Welcome Elena! You're a multi-lingual wonder! I could never get the hang of French. Ah well :)

On my to-do list is 'make new emoticons'. When I find time to do so, I'll make sure to include a few you can take with you to Before the mast (feel free to put a link in your signature btw!)

« Reply #7 » Published on:March 27, 2012, 08:17:26 AM

Elena

• Sailor
    • View Profile
    • Before the Mast
Thank you very mych, Dae! I did it! And because I have a signature here, even if you don;t do affiliates, I want to post your button, if you give me one, among our affiliates. I can't guarrantee it will bring you more members, but it is an attempt.

« Reply #8 » Published on:March 28, 2012, 08:51:46 PM

Five

• Maker of Tea, Eater of Cakes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey Elena!

Really glad you've joined us.  While I am generally ignorant of the other RPGs out there, Before the Mast is one that I have looked at before, and I'm looking forward to reading more of it.

And of course it would be great if you could write a guest character.

« Reply #9 » Published on:March 29, 2012, 04:08:52 AM

Rani

• Landlubber
    • View Profile
Oh hey, introduction thread!  Guess I shall drop in here as well.  :)

I'm Rani and I play the (hopefully) slightly eccentric Wren Tamryl.  This is my first time doing an RP in this style, though I have lots of experience with play-by-post and chat-based RP.  I also run my own game, and when I'm not working or RPing, I try and get some video gaming in.  Mostly a fan of RPs, though I play more MMOs these days. 

Oh, and I'm 25 and the simplest way to explain my job is web design/support.  I'm happy to be here and wriitng with you guys.  ^_^

« Reply #10 » Published on:March 29, 2012, 07:26:10 AM

Daenelia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daenelia.com
Ah, Rani! Wren is an awesome character! Welcome! Same goes, of course, if you want to advertise or link to your rp, you are free to do so. No obligations.

« Reply #11 » Published on:March 29, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Elena

• Sailor
    • View Profile
    • Before the Mast
Well, Five, given that we are following each other's tumblr, and I post links to stories and characters quite often on tumblr (besides photos with ships and mermaids and snippets of history) you have the opportunity to read more ;) !

And Dae, I am not joking, give me a 88x31 button of Steamhawke and I'll post it! :-*

« Reply #12 » Published on:March 30, 2012, 08:08:36 PM

Daenelia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daenelia.com

Code: [Select]
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g10/daeclubs/Steamhawke/steamhawke_buttom_88x31.png
:P Thank you Elena!

« Reply #13 » Published on:April 12, 2012, 08:11:15 AM

Ciprian

• Landlubber
    • View Profile
Greetings everyone,

My name is Jon Black, I have just signed on to play passenger Cyprian Cendrars in Steamhawke.  To be honest, I really wasn't looking for a PBeM at this point in my life, but when I stumbled across the Steamhawke site I was quite taken both with the level of detail and the high quality of the writting. 

As far as the inspiration behind Ciprian, he is a bit of an anachronism -- an amalgam of the personalities and backgrounds of several historical writers from the late 19th/early 20th century Montmartre period of French art/literature. 

In real life, I am ghostwriter and freelance journalist (okay, so there's a little bit of the autobiographical to Cyprian, but I am nowhere as entertaining as, I hope, he will be) based in Austin, Texas, USA.  Of the various thematic elements in Steamhawke, I may naturally gravitate more towards the steampunk and alt-history components as opposed to the fantasy and piratical, but I will strive to keep that in balance. 

So, thank you for having me and I look forward to enjoyable gaming with all of you.

Cheers,

Jon/Ciprian

« Reply #14 » Published on:April 12, 2012, 05:10:31 PM

Daenelia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daenelia.com
Welcome! We tend to lean more towards the scifi elements, so you will do fine. I think it will also be awesome if you want to, to write out some background to the whole alternate france thing.

Silly though, writing for a living, and then writing for fun here. Then again, i do a lot of things on Steamhawke that i also do for work, so maybe that is just how it works.